Friday, June 25, 2010

Singapore Customer Service: hype or truth? /shopping at Metro Singapore

All big firms boast of their good customer service. Some claim we're their valued customers. Others urge us to  contact them if we need any assistance.  Are their claims mere hype or the truth?

With my team we aim to uncover the truth behind their claims.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Armed with a shopping voucher, I went to Metro in Sengkang at the weekend. With vouchers normally you don't get back any change so I was pleasantly surprised when the cashier gave me a $2 credit voucher.

I must have telegraphed my sense of surprise to her because she kept on stressing that I should not lose it.

So, bouquet to Metro and the Malay lady cashier in particular (on level 2)

2 comments:

  1. A particular nasi padang outlet, at a hospital food court in the Novena area, has the lady in charge of the till snatching the money from the customer's hand without a word of thanks.

    Attitude? Sure: "Don't want to buy, never mind. Got many other customers!"

    So brickbat to the Malay lady cashier in particular!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrible attitude. She doesn't realise that without customers her business folds up.

    ReplyDelete