Saturday, June 26, 2010

POSB vs MAYBANK: which is better?

I always dread going to any POSB branch. Customers often have to queue for a long time. Those who suffer the most are the elderly and those with health problems. Long queues are common at most POSB branches.

When I asked their staff why couldn't they issue Q numbers the reply was that some customers miss their turn and then insist on being served all the same. Not a very convincing excuse in my opinion.

At Maybank customers are given a Q number,and provided with comfortable seats while waiting. If Maybank and others eg Stanchart don't find the Q- number system a logistic nightmare, I fail to understand why POSB is reluctant to emulate them.

Personally, any business that makes me stand in line unnecessarily for too long gets the thumbs-down. Want my money? Make sure your customer service meets my expectations or I'll go elsewhere.

It's as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment