Thursday, July 22, 2010

Philips Singapore vs Best Denki Singapore Customer Service

In my opinion and that of my friends , Philips products are not very popular. Frankly, when you want to buy a TV, the brands that come to mind are maybe Sony, Panasonic or Korean brands like Samsung.

However, its juicer seems good so I bought one.

The trouble started when I tried to register it online as required. First, Philips website wants you to . create an account (with lots of personal info). OK, I did that.

But when I tried to register its product, it failed after 5 attempts. I gave up. I tried to send them an email but they want all kinds of personal info first. I gave up. So much hassle just to send a simple email.

I decided to email Best Denki. As simple as ABC unlike Philips.

And Best Denki was prompt with their response, and helped resolve my problem.

As for Philips (Best Denki contacted them), the firm contacted me, explaining at great length how to register my product. I had done all that but I failed 5 times as mentioned earlier.

This is the last time I buy a Philips product. The hassle alone can kill you. Perhaps it tries to capture too much personal information from customers (invasion of privacy), and thus overload its system.

It should simplify the processes of registering its products and its email system.

As they say, once bitten twice shy!

3 comments:

  1. I had the same problem with my Philips TV but had it resolved when I provided a personal feedback to the Service Manager at the main Toa Payoh office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're lucky. The public perception of Philips is uncomplimentary.

    ReplyDelete